Our members are vital to the success of the Museum. The funds we raise from your membership help us to properly care for our collection, bring in traveling exhibits, and provide education programs.
Basic* – $35
- 10% Store Discount
- Invites to Openings, etc.
Basic Plus* – $60
- Everything in the Basic level plus...
- 2 Free Research Requests
- Time Travelers Reciprocal Admission Program for free and discounted admission to over 300 historic sites and museums across the country
Bronze** – $100
- Everything in the Basic Plus level plus...
- 15% Discount on Gift Memberships
- Member Shopping Mornings
- 10% Discount on Tickets to Fundraisers
- ROAM Reciprocal Admission Program for member discounts on admission and gift shops to over 250 museums across the country, including over 60 in California
Silver** – $250
- Everything in the Bronze level plus...
- 15% Store Discount
- Invite to Exclusive Member Events
- Print of Photo from Museum Collection
Gold** – $500
- Everything in the Silver level plus...
- Behind the Scenes Tour with Curator
- Recognition in Bulletin and on Website
Harter Circle** – $1000
- Everything in the Gold level plus...
- One free Engraved Paver in the Patio
- Invite to Annual Donor Luncheon
All Business Memberships include Basic Benefits as well
- *** 20% Discount for Non-Profits
Business Basic*** – $250
- Listing on Website
- Ad in 1 Issue of Bulletin
Business Basic Plus*** – $500
- Everything in the Business Basic level plus...
- Ad in all 4 Bulletins
Business Sustaining*** – $1000
- Everything in the Business Basic Plus level plus...
- Free use of Museum for 1 Corporate Event
The Museum is a partnership between Sutter County and the Community Memorial Museum Association, a non-profit 501(c)(3) organization. The Association supports all of the public programming aspects of the Museum, including education programs, fundraising events, temporary exhibits, updates to permanent exhibits, and the Museum Store. Donations made to the Association are tax deductible.
There are many ways to donate to the Museum:
- Donate online
- Mail a check to: Sutter County Museum, 1333 Butte House Rd., Yuba City, CA 95993
- Come visit us! You can use a credit card, cash, or check to donate in person
- Legacy Giving: Please contact us to learn more
The Association is a 501(c)(3) organization that fundraises and supports the operation of the Museum. New applicants to the Association are approved by a vote of the full Association. Members serve for 4-year terms.
Current Association Members:
- Phyllis Smith, President
- Barbara Hankins, Vice President
- Babs Cotter, Secretary
- Amber Milner, Treasurer
- Carol Bordeaux
- Manny Cardoza
- Eric Gruenthal
- Scott Hankins
- Wade Kirchner
- Tony Kurlan
- Debbie Reid
- Margit Sands
- Sukh Sidhu
- Chuck Smith
We would not be able to do what we do without our volunteers. Volunteers staff the front desk when the Museum is open. This includes greeting visitors, answering any questions they may have, answering the phone, and selling items in the Museum Gift Shop. Volunteers also work on special projects, assist at events, and help decorate for Trees & Traditions. We are always looking for more volunteers, so if you are interested, please fill out our volunteer application, or contact us to learn more!
All volunteers regularly supporting the Museum receive:
- Invitation to annual Volunteer Appreciation Brunch.
- Six issues per year of the Volunteer Views mailed newsletter.
- Annual volunteer gift.
- Invitations to trainings and informational events to learn about the Sutter County Museum, local history, and more.
- 10% off discount in the Museum Gift Shop.
After one year of regular volunteer service:
- $10 off discount on gifted Museum memberships.
- Added to the Museum’s mailing list to receive information and invitations to exhibit receptions, public programs, and special events.
After two years of regular volunteer service:
- 15% discount on gifted Museum memberships.
- Special Sutter County Museum volunteer gift item.
After five years of regular volunteer service:
- Exclusive volunteer five-year recognition gift.
- Recognition in the Museum’s Bulletin.
- Recognition of five years of service at the annual Volunteer Appreciation Brunch.
After ten years of regular volunteer service:
- Exclusive volunteer ten-year recognition gift.
- Recognition in the Museum’s Bulletin.
- Recognition of ten years of service at the annual Volunteer Appreciation Brunch.